New Beginnings

Once a place where I kept track of my teaching as a Graduate Student, this is now home to my rants and raves as a teacher. I still have a lot to learn about teaching and about myself as a teacher. Here, I will document my journey, both the good and the bad, so I can successfully reflect on others' methods of teaching as well as my own. Enjoy!!

Monday, May 16, 2011

It's Been a While!

I know it's been a while, but this semester has been quite busy. As I am finished up my maters program, I had two very intensive courses this spring along with my special education concentrated practicum. To catch up on the entire semester would be a very long post indeed. Therefore I am not going to do that here. Instead, I will write weekly (or maybe even more!). Who knows...maybe I'll even continue this blog throughout my teaching career! (Wow...that's really ambitious of me!)

So to do a quick recap of the past four and a half months, not much has changed in my roll as intern, as I have still been switching back and forth between regular education and special education. As two of the teachers I work with have been getting bigger and bigger by the day (relax...they're pregnant...remember?) I have been taking over classes left and right...and loving it!

I have learned so much from my mentor teachers (and they have all in one way become my mentors), but the two I work directly with are amazing. This is a group of women I hope to never loose contact with.

The children have been...wonderful, difficult, amazing, stubborn, fantastic, creative, headstrong, inventive, lazy, clever, hardworking, teachers, humorous, and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment