New Beginnings

Once a place where I kept track of my teaching as a Graduate Student, this is now home to my rants and raves as a teacher. I still have a lot to learn about teaching and about myself as a teacher. Here, I will document my journey, both the good and the bad, so I can successfully reflect on others' methods of teaching as well as my own. Enjoy!!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Week End

Monday, December 13, 2010

The end of last week went really well! The first math lessons of each day were a little off, but I feel that's because I needed to familiarize myself with the language to teach the content. The second and third lessons always went much better. For everything else, transitions went a lot smoother, perhaps a combination of me...but more because the children calmed down. I tried the wait time, and to not show I was getting exasperated, and I'm sure that helped, too.

Today I'll teach math but tomorrow, for my observation at the end of my "leadership week" I will be teaching a hands on science lesson, on weather instruments! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment