New Beginnings

Once a place where I kept track of my teaching as a Graduate Student, this is now home to my rants and raves as a teacher. I still have a lot to learn about teaching and about myself as a teacher. Here, I will document my journey, both the good and the bad, so I can successfully reflect on others' methods of teaching as well as my own. Enjoy!!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Leadership Week Begins

Monday, December 6, 2010

My leadership week (traditionally known as a take-over week) begins on Tuesday and will go until the following Tuesday. However, REM was out sick today (Monday), therefor it really began today! No worries, as I had already planned on taking over math today. Last week, I stayed after school until 6pm on Thursday night and planned out Monday-Wednesday for math. Over the weekend, I made rubric posters so the kids could start grading their open responses themselves and determine what they need to work on to score a 4 on state testing open responses. Being I'm interning with the math teacher, all I'm taking over is math, as well as the other homeroom responsibilities, such as reading, writing, and transitions.

The plan is as follows for math: Monday, Greatest Common Factor (GCF), Tuesday - Multiples and Least Common Multiple (LCM), Wednesday - Open Response questions, Thursday - Vocabulary review and Divisibility Game, Friday - Prime Factorization and Factor Trees, Monday - Negative Numbers

I'm really looking forward to this week and feel prepared right now for all except Friday and Monday (and being it's only the first Monday, I'd say I'm in pretty good shape!)

Here we go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment