New Beginnings

Once a place where I kept track of my teaching as a Graduate Student, this is now home to my rants and raves as a teacher. I still have a lot to learn about teaching and about myself as a teacher. Here, I will document my journey, both the good and the bad, so I can successfully reflect on others' methods of teaching as well as my own. Enjoy!!

Monday, September 27, 2010

And They're Off!!

Monday, September 27, 2010

And it's Jill running out the door and rounding the corner, but Miss E is hot on her tails! Jill rounds the second bend and it's going to be a close one, folks!!!.....

Phew! I was asked to spend a few hours in a Kindergarten room today because a new student is having trouble transitioning and bolts from the room. That's all I was told. We started off great and even had a great time playing in the principal's office, which was part of her earned break time. After thirty minutes of being there, I found there was much more to it. She displayed aggressive behavior, was noncompliant, and did a dead-fall onto two other students while they were sitting in the meeting area. It's one thing to bolt and be a threat to yourself, but when one student harms other students, that's where others need to step in. I was overwhelmed by the lack of reaction to this. At the same time, I can't imagine the stress the K teacher is under. I hope it all works out, because this little girl is very bright, from what I saw, has an active imagination, and I hope she gets the proper support she needs.

On another note, I wasn't in the fifth grade room much, but I was there for science! Today they started electricity!! The kids were given light bulbs, wire, and a battery and had to test a sheet full of scenarios to figure out which ones would light up the bulb.

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment