New Beginnings

Once a place where I kept track of my teaching as a Graduate Student, this is now home to my rants and raves as a teacher. I still have a lot to learn about teaching and about myself as a teacher. Here, I will document my journey, both the good and the bad, so I can successfully reflect on others' methods of teaching as well as my own. Enjoy!!

Friday, October 15, 2010

A week or two...

So much for writing every night. It's like buying a pretty journal and committing yourself to it, only to find it years later with a whole bunch of blank pages.

Here's what's been going on:

In Social Studies, they've been doing longitude and latitude, coloring world maps, and started talking about geography in relationship to climate.

In writing, the students are learning the divide and conquer method, practicing finding the main idea of a paragraph, highlighting, and note taking...all in preparation for their own research project.

The student teacher and I had to come up with a challenging math problem for the students who assessed as "all set". We came up with a bar graph comparing the amount of sugar and protein in a few cereals. (sheet in white binder)

After getting back from the World Equestrian Games, I put together a quick powerpoint to "share" with the class. The morning meeting was about how you listen and act when someone is sharing something with you. They loved the pictures, and I gave them a bit of history about Kentucky, including it's longitude and latitude. :) Two days later, we came back to the topic during morning meeting so the class could practice asking appropriate questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment