New Beginnings

Once a place where I kept track of my teaching as a Graduate Student, this is now home to my rants and raves as a teacher. I still have a lot to learn about teaching and about myself as a teacher. Here, I will document my journey, both the good and the bad, so I can successfully reflect on others' methods of teaching as well as my own. Enjoy!!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

The End leading to New Beginnings

My days as intern are over. It was bitter sweet. I will dearly miss those I worked with, who I now call friends. I have learned so much from them and I know I will continue to keep them on speed dial as I begin my next journey as a....


After an interview mix up, a few prayers, and a fabulous second interview, I am thrilled to announce that I am starting a my brand new career as a full time third grade teacher in an inclusion classroom.

I originally thought this blog would serve only as a reflective tool during my time as an intern, but in looking back over it today, I realized how useful this forum is as REFLECTION. So I plan on continuing my posts as I begin teaching. In staying true to form, I will create code names for everyone involved and never mention specific places or people.

On a more fun note...I can't wait to get started!!! I won't be posting much over the next few weeks, but as I learn more about my new position, the school, and my roll, I'll have plenty to add. I have also decided to open this blog up to the public to seek advice from those who have gone before me. If you are a teacher, a friend, a parent, or someone who likes to reflect, please feel free to comment, or just come along for the ride. It's going to be a bumpy one! It's also going to be glorious, wonderful, stressful, trying, beautiful and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment